Jump to content
Escort Cabriolet Club

Camaro AC not cooling properly, anyone else had this?


Zachary Wainfleet
 Share

Recommended Posts

My Camaro's aircon has been underwhelming all summer but I kept telling myself it was just the heat. Now it's blowing barely cool air even on the lowest setting and the passenger side is noticeably warmer than the driver side, which I know isn't normal. I had the refrigerant topped up last year and it helped for a while, so maybe there's a slow leak or the blend door is stuck. The thing is I don't want to take it to just anyone because these cars have a lot of electronics tied into the climate system and I've heard people get ripped off on unnecessary compressor replacements. A mate mentioned a certified Camaro mechanic near MBZ City and said they traced a similar issue on his car to a blend door actuator rather than the compressor, which saved him a fortune. My question is whether uneven vent temps usually point to the blend door or something else, and how much diagnostics usually cost for this kind of thing. Any experiences would help before I start booking appointments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...